La Paz: Route 36 Cocaine Bar

  • La Paz, Bolivia
    Minimum security San Pedro Prison, most famous for its place in the book ‘Marching Powder.’ There are only 15 guards at a time for 2,500 inmates, and the guards do not even enter the prison. The prison is totally policed by the inmates who establish rules and a hierarchy. All inmates pay rent, the bottom end being B$30/month. But if you are rich and can afford B$3000-5000/month, you can live in luxury with a Jacuzzi and a sauna. There are families living in the prison and as many as 250 children who are growing up in there and leave the premises every morning to go to school. 25% of the inmates are corrupt politicians and the other 75% of the people in the San Pedro Prison are there for drug related charges; 85% of them still awaiting a trial which can take as many as four or five years to start, and those years will not count as part of time served. There are times when a guard will take an inmate to a club for the evening. Inmates administer punishment based on how much an inmate’s actions will effect other’s abilities to live life as normal inside of the facility. It is quite a system…
  • La Paz, Bolivia
    Lama fetuses for good luck.
  • La Paz, Bolivia
    Ironic butcher shop.
  • La Paz, Bolivia
    La Paz. All the houses on the mountain are the same color because in the 1980's you were taxed less if you had an uncompleted house, so no one painted. Now it is the character of the city.
  • La Paz, Bolivia
  • La Paz, Bolivia
  • La Paz, Bolivia
    Being a Bolivian dude.
  • La Paz, Bolivia
    The worst Randy Rhoads guitar player I have ever seen. He played pussy songs all night. I wanted to take the guitar away from him. There is an image associated with buddy.
  • La Paz, Bolivia
    Route 36
  • La Paz, Bolivia
    Cholitas, the old ladies dressed in traditional clothes and bowler hats, are most sexy when they have big hips, which means more child bearing abilities. They often have five or six children. The sexiest part of a cholita is her calf muscle. That is where sex appeal comes from for the men. The calf muscle must be big and strong.

You may also like...